Invisalign – Manchester, CT
A Convenient Orthodontic Treatment
Misaligned teeth pose a threat to your oral health, and they may make it difficult for you to feel confident in social situations. Orthodontic treatment has the power to realign your teeth and reduce your risk of future dental problems. At First Line Dental, one of the orthodontic options we offer is Invisalign. This convenient and effective treatment is suitable for most adults and teenagers who want to straighten their teeth without the use of traditional metal braces.
Why Choose First Line Dental for Invisalign?
- On-staff orthodontist
- Flexible payment options
- Supportive treatment from a team of experts
How Invisalign Works
Traditional braces work by using brackets and wires to apply gentle, sustained pressure to the teeth. Over time, as the braces get tightened little by little, the teeth move into their proper positions. Invisalign also applies gentle pressure to the teeth. However, it uses a series of clear, custom-made thermoplastic aligners. Throughout the treatment period, you wear each aligner for 20 – 22 hours each day for about two weeks before you graduate to the next one. After you work your way through all of the aligners, you will wear a retainer to make sure that your teeth do not drift back out of place.
The Invisalign process begins with an in-depth, complimentary consultation in our office. We will evaluate your orthodontic problems, discuss the details of your treatment options, and design a custom plan to meet your needs. If Invisalign is right for you, we will take detailed images and impressions of your teeth, which Invisalign will then use to create your aligners. After you start wearing your aligners, it will be necessary for you to visit our office periodically for brief checkup appointments.
Benefits of Invisalign
- The aligners are removable, which makes it easy for patients to brush and floss their teeth. Since you will remove the aligners during meals, you will not be required to adhere to any dietary restrictions.
- Invisalign is not completely invisible, but it is discreet. Many adults who want to maintain a professional appearance throughout their orthodontic treatment prefer Invisalign over other orthodontic treatment options.
- Many patients find that their overall experience with Invisalign is quite comfortable. If you experience soreness when you switch from one aligner to the next, mild pain relievers and sipping on cool water may help to mitigate the discomfort.
- Treatment time. Treatment time varies from patient to patient. However, the average overall treatment time with Invisalign is only 12 months. Most patients begin to see results after just three or four months.
Invisalign is able to treat most types of orthodontic issues in teenagers and adults, including overbite, underbite, crossbite, rotated (crooked) teeth, and gaps between the teeth. However, individuals with severe orthodontic problems may need to use traditional braces instead. Also, keep in mind that Invisalign requires a measure of commitment. You should be determined to wear your aligners the recommended amount each day. Failing to do so could drastically slow down your treatment.
Would you like to discover whether Invisalign is right for you? Contact First Line Dental today to schedule your consultation.