Porcelain Veneers – Manchester, CT
Disguise Cosmetic Flaws in Your Teeth
Our patients’ oral health is our top priority, but we also understand that many individuals are dissatisfied with the way their teeth look. That is why we serve as both a general and cosmetic dentist. We offer a number of treatments that are specifically meant to improve the appearance of a person’s teeth, including porcelain veneers. On this page, learn more about what veneers are, how they may be able to benefit you, and the veneer treatment process.
Why Choose First Line Dental for Porcelain Veneers?
- An exlierienced cosmetic team
- Transform your teeth
- Enjoy long-lasting results
What Are Porcelain Veneers?
Porcelain veneers are ultra-thin pieces of porcelain that our team permanently attaches to the fronts of teeth. Veneers’ goal is to disguise a broad range of cosmetic issues, including:
- Cracks and chips
- Minor misalignment
- Small gaps between the teeth
- Teeth that appear too small
Some patients opt to receive just one or two veneers to cover a few particularly unattractive teeth. Other patients receive a full set of veneers, which can dramatically transform their mouth’s overall appearance.
What Benefits Do Porcelain Veneers Offer?
Some of the most outstanding benefits of porcelain veneers include:
- A natural appearance. Well-designed and properly placed veneers do not make the teeth look bulky or unnatural.
- With proper care, a set of veneers may last for 10 years or longer. The porcelain is tough enough to stand up to everyday wear and tear.
- Resistance to stains. Porcelain is nonporous, which means that colored substances will not soak into it and cause discoloration. As long as you care well for your veneers and do not scratch them, they should maintain their original luster for many years.
- Easy maintenance. Porcelain veneers do not require a lot of time-consuming or complicated care. As long as you brush them with a non-abrasive toothpaste and take measures to prevent them from breaking, it is unlikely that you will encounter any problems with them.
What Happens During the Treatment Process?
First, our team will examine your mouth to make sure you are a good candidate for porcelain veneers. You should have an adequate amount of tooth enamel and be free of any significant oral health problems. During your consultation, we will also talk to you about your goals for your treatment and help you to have realistic expectations.
After you decide to commit to porcelain veneers, your treatment will take place across two appointments. During the first appointment, we will remove a sliver of enamel from your teeth, which will help to ensure that your veneers fit in well with your natural smile line. Then, we will take some impressions of your mouth, which will serve as the basis for designing your custom veneers.
You will wear temporary veneers while a dental laboratory creates your permanent ones. When they are ready, you will return to our office so we can verify that they are the correct size, shape, and color before we attach them to your teeth.
Are you interested in discovering whether porcelain veneers are right for you? Contact First Line Dental today to schedule your cosmetic consultation.